1.eir Limited having its registered company address at 1 Heuston South Quarter, St John’s Road, Dublin 8, Ireland (hereafter referred to as “eir”) may provide a facility in this Scheme referred to as ”Integrated Services Digital Network” (ISDN) whereby a telephone customer (“the Customer”) may make telephone calls over-switched end-to-end digital transmission paths subject to these Terms and Conditions; the provisions of the Telecommunications Scheme in force, as amended from time to time (hereinafter referred to as the “Regulations”); and any legislation applicable thereto (together “the Agreement”). The Customer will be charged the applicable charge for such service as specified in Part 10
of Section 1 of the Telecommunications Scheme, as amended from time to time (hereinafter referred to as the “Regulations”). A copy of the Regulations may be inspected at eir, 1 Heuston South Quarter, St John’s Road, Dublin 8 or contacting the eir Customer Information Services on freephone 1800 203105.
2. The Customer will pay eir the charges for the services. Full details of all eir’s current charges can be obtained by visiting www.eir.ie/pricing or by contacting freephone 1901 (Residential Customers) or freephone 1800 601 701 (Business Customers).
3. The provision of the ISDN is contingent upon the carrying out of a site survey by eir and is at all times subject to availability of appropriate facilities. eir reserves the right to decide on the method by which service will be provided.
4. It is the responsibility of the Customer to provide a suitable environment, accommodation, including all necessary trunking, conduits and cable trays in accordance with the relevant installation standards specified by eir.
5. The Customer must ensure that a live power outlet is available within two (2) metres of the line termination point. All preliminary works must be completed by the Customer, prior to the installation of the ISDN by eir.
6. eir shall provide the Customer with a “Ready for Service Date” on the date on which the Customer orders the ISDN service. Where a site survey is required, eir will agree the ”Ready for Service Date” following the site survey. “Ready for Service Date” means the date by which eir shall use its reasonable endeavours to provide the ISDN facility to the Customer.
7. The Ready for Service Date is:- twenty (20) working days from the date of the order where plant and equipment is available to provide the ISDN service and the service applied for is basic rate access or high speed access; forty (40) working days from the date of the order where the application is for fractional rate access or primary rate access
8. The Customer is obliged to provide eir with access to the site at all reasonable times to enable it to provide the ISDN facility.
9. This Agreement shall be deemed to have commenced on the date the service has been first provided and the services will continue unless and until terminated pursuant to this Agreement.
10. The Agreement may be terminated in accordance with the Regulations or otherwise by either party giving to the other prior notice in writing requesting termination of the Agreement. If the Agreement is terminated, the Customer shall pay all monies due to eir up to the date of cessation of the services.Please address any correspondence to: eir Ltd, Business Service Centre, 7th Floor, Telephone House, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1.
11. eir shall only be responsible for faults on the service directly caused by the eir network. To enable faults to be logged accurately, the Customer shall provide eir with the correct site location and a main contact number when reporting the fault. The Customer must report a fault on line at www.eir.ie or by contacting our Business Service Centre on freephone 1800 601 701.
12. If the Customer reports a fault in the service, eir will use its reasonable endeavours to respond in accordance with level of repair service, which applies to that particular ISDN product, or, where applicable, in accordance with the level of repair service the Customer has chosen pursuant to paragraphs 13 and 14 below.
13. The Customer may avail of specific service levels on fractional or primary rate access lines, details of which can be viewed by visiting https://business.eir.ie/SME/products/voice, or by contacting the
eir Business Service Centre on freephone 1800 601 701.
14. While currently there is no service level agreement for ISDN basis rate access, eir shall use reasonable endeavours to remedy any fault, where it is reasonably possible to do so, without undue delay.
15. If eir responds to a fault and finds that no fault exists in the eir network, eir may charge the Customer for the call out at the applicable rates set out in the Regulations (see Part 1 of Section 1 of the Telecommunications Scheme)