eir Managed ICT services deliver for Dublin City Council
Dublin City Council (DCC) manages one of the most dispersed and mission-critical networks in Irish local government. The organisation recognises that out tasking is the most cost-effective and efficient way to manage its network performance and ICT security and chose eir as its managed services partner.
eir’s winning approach
- We delivered maximum availability and rapid issue resolution, fully grasping the business implications of downtime for DCC.
- We demonstrated that our outsourced delivery of network and security services would be more cost effective than in-house management by DCC.
- We fully addressed all DCC’s requirements and we integrated with DCC’s own trouble ticketing system for better network performance management.
Key benefits to Dublin City Council
- Risk of change mitigated during transition to eir managed service, thanks to eir’s proven project management methodology.
- Full assurance that DCC network is performing at the required levels to support day-to-day business needs.
- rapid on-site engineer presence when needed across the metropolitan coverage area of DCC, with eir’s extensive field service capability.
- Greater forward visibility and control of ICT investment for DCC as eir provides proactive advice on future issues and requirements, including upgrade of devices approaching maximum utilisation.
Solution at a glance
- Network management including proactive monitoring of DCC routers, switches, firewalls and VPN concentrators across 135+ sites.
- Rapid diagnosis and resolution of issues including software updates, performance analysis and assessment.
- Full integration with INFRA, the DCC trouble ticketing system.
- managed security including firewall, Web content filter and antivirus appliance management.
- eir field engineers are on call for any on-site visits needed to repair nonperforming hardware.
- Fast issue resolution and equipment replacement from Cisco and other vendors. eir is the longest established Cisco Gold partner.
- Dedicated eir Service Relationship Manager holds overall responsibility for meeting eir’s SLAs and analyses and reports to DCC on issues including network and device performance, incident handling, and recommendations for further improvements in our service.
What Dublin City Council said
“An ICT estate like ours, which has grown over a number of years, has a scope and a complexity that make the task of providing a network equipment and security managed service challenging. We were extremely pleased with how smoothly and efficiently eir assumed management of these services for us, and the service we receive on an ongoing basis has been excellent. We’re looking forward to continuing the relationship.”
Brian Curtis, Head of ICT for Dublin City Council