What kind of security will I have when I process transactions?
All transactions are encrypted as soon as you swipe the card using the Pogo> encrypting card reader, which means the card data, is unusable to criminals – and never stored on your smart device. The encrypted information is then safely transmitted via your phone carrier to our PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) validated gateway. Once the response is received, the same information is encrypted and sent back to your device. At no time is card data stored either on your card reader or Pogo> App. Only the last four digits of the card will be retained for viewing on the customer receipt and in your records. You can feel safe knowing that if your device is ever lost or stolen, no valuable customer data from the application will ever be lost, because it was never stored on the device in the first place.
What steps can I take to reduce fraud?
- Ensure Chip & PIN transactions are processed to avoid Magnetic Stripe and signature transactions. If a Chip & PIN transaction is unable to be processed, after three attempts the card reader will automatically fall back to Mag Stripe and request that the card be swiped through the card reader.
- For Mag Stripe transactions check the card security features;
- Verify the cardholder’s identity
- Ensure the card is signed and verify the signature
- Verify the expiration date on the card